Sunday, January 3, 2010

Visualizing the Web x.0 / Social Media Spectrum through "The Conversation Prism"

I saw the Conversation Prism for the first time last February at a MAGC social media presentation by John Wooden of Fredrickson Communications, who also taught my usability class at the University of Minnesota.

Since then I’ve used it in a few presentations I’ve given. It’s a good graphic to help show people how many niches and options there are in the web 2.0/social media realm.

I like to use it to point out that social media isn’t just Facebook and Twitter – there are a whole range of services and tools to choose from, which is why government needs people who are passionate and knowledgeable about what’s out there and what the possibilities are.

Anyway, cool graphic. Ch-Check it out.

The Conversation Prism by Brian Solis and Jesse Thomas

[Via http://jakervik.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment