Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 15, 2010

Today was an especially dreary overcast and rainy mess.  Who feels like doing anything in that?!  Regardless, I went shopping today and picked up some sweat pants (is that one word or two?  I’m not sure) and t-shirts to work out in.  I wanted to make my get fit time comfortable and stylish as possible.  I got some cute shirts to wear, I think.  I want to feel my best when I’m on my journey.  I want it to be a happy time and not…  Well, a dreary time, really.  (I think I’ll start calling it my journey instead of get fit time.  I’m sure some would say that is silly…  But, it’ll make me feel better about all the hard work I’m going to have to put into this.  Baby steps, my friends.  Baby steps.)  

Yesterday, I made a playlist for my ipod to take on my journey (I’ll change it out periodically).  I chose upbeat hard rock, pop, and alternative to accompany me.  Well, here…  I’ll tell you what I put on there: Run To by Emerson Hart, Dancing With Myself by Billy Idol, One Time For Me by Reverend Horton Heat, When Worlds Collide by Powerman 5000, Intergalactic Planetary by The Beastie Boys, A Sex Type Thing by Stone Temple Pilots, Abracadabra by Sugar Ray, I’m Your Boogie Man by White Zombie & Never Let You Go by Third Eye Blind.  The upbeat music really does the trick!  It makes the time seem to go by faster!   

I have a Gazelle to work out on.  (My brother was kind enough to pull it out of hiding and clean it up for me Monday.)  I get a rythm going with the music when I’m on it.  It’s almost like I’m dancing.  I love to dance, so that makes the whole thing a lot easier to endure. 

I’ve decided that everyday I will devote half an hour or so to working out, be it on the Gazelle or walking.  I asked my brother to go walking with me twice a week.  I also asked my friends on Facebook if anyone would like to go walking with me.  At first no one replied, but then a wife of one of my husband’s co-workers said she would like to walk with me one day a week.  I can go walking three times a week and work out on the Gazelle the other days of the week.  Maybe, on weekends I can get my husband to walk with me, so I won’t have to use the Gazelle as much.  I’d much rather be out walking and enjoying the great outdoors! 

Well, that was my day.  Three days down on my journey.  I do already feel a difference, if you can believe that!  My mood is better and I’m not as achy as I have been in the past.  I’m really excited about what the future holds!

[Via http://mistysjourney.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment