Tuesday, January 26, 2010

As the pole turns... another day at the club.

I have to admit, a friend and fellow DJ actually use the “as the pole turns” name before, I always thought it was pretty funny… Today was definitely a better day for the bar than that of last Monday. I was pleased to have more than one dancer for the first part of my shift, in fact, I had five of them for the majority of the day. The customers were coming in pretty steadily, and I had a rotation going almost non-stop, but, the customers weren’t really tipping or getting dances. The bar, however, rang a pretty good number of sales, and that is, at least, positive.

My plan to be at the gym this morning did not go as planned. I have not been planning and doing things properly to minimize wasted time. I am, before I go to bed tonight, going to prepare my lunch and dinner for tomorrow. I just don’t have enough time to do it the same day. I need to start getting up at 7am again and getting to the gym no later than 8:45. That will allow me to have the 1.5 to 2 hour work out and then home to shower and dress and go to work. I will be working, as far as I know at now, every day this week with only Sunday off. I do need the money, I just don’t want to get burned out on the club too soon. I hope that we can find another DJ to handle the swing shift.

I have written a total of 3 articles for eHow.com, and I have to say, I have had some positive responses. I am really considering pursuing something in the writing field as a source of income. I believe, with a little perseverance, I could really succeed. I am also planning on starting the rough outline of the book I want to start writing. I lay awake last night for at least an hour just thinking of possible titles and directions that I might go with it. There are a lot of possibilities, I just want to choose wisely so that I can write something that many people would like to sit down and read. Of course, that is the goal of any author. I know that the likelihood of my writing a best seller is fairly slim, I still have the passion and urge to try.

I am pretty tired and still have to prepare my food for tomorrow and hop in the shower. I will check back in tomorrow with a bit of a longer post. I am trying to learn how to balance all that I am doing now. I want to record another video this week as well, I really enjoy doing that too!

Thanks to all of you for your continued love and support.

As always, take care and remember…

Every day is a chance to turn it all around!

- Kenny

<——- Back to Kenny Is Losing It – Home

Donate to Kenny Is Losing It

Read my articles on eHow.com

[Via http://kennyislosingit.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment