Sunday, January 24, 2010

Collectable Minifigs Series 1 available June 2010

I mentioned in November about the possibly of Collectable Minifigs coming this year. Well now Brickset has posted detailed pictures of both the figures and the packaging.

I was already excited before I saw the close up images, but now I’m practically drooling (okay, not really ;) ).

Apparently Mike Rayhawk was one of those who came up with this idea. He recently stated on Facebook:

They finally did the collectible minifigures idea that James Knight and Eugenia Chen and I pitched years ago – they told us it would never, never happen, but that was before Joergen took the helm. The luchador and the magician were part of my contribution to the original pitch; my caveman was still sitting on Cephas’s shelf last time I was in Denmark.

The only “problem” I see is that at the rumored $2 per unit price, people will be buying entire cases to ensure that they get all the figures or so that they can turn right around and sell the figures at outlandish prices.

The hardest thing to predict is what will be the most popular. I’m sure everyone who has seen these figures already has their favorites. Of course any of the exclusive elements that have never been produced before such as the cheerleader’s pompoms, the clown’s wig and trumpet, and the spaceman’s helmet and gun will go for more on the second market (i.e. Bricklink).

They are all exclusive, and the “Series 1″ indicates that there will be more to come. I just hope that LEGO will be smart enough to not make them too exclusive so that everyone can get some! :)

[Via http://modelbuildingsecrets.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment