Saturday, January 2, 2010

Facebook+Beer=Goodbye Secrets! Day 1 (1/1/2010)

I love being lazy, it’s my main hobby. I just love being able to lie in bed as the alarm clock rings and think “Screw you!” and then fling it across the room…After I do that I rush out to make sure that my iPhone is OK and then think that I am a massive, massive idiot for not only almost breaking my phone(people have babies, I have a iPhone. I’m happy with my choice) but also getting out of bed when I was going to have a lie in.

So the morning after New Year’s Eve, comonlly known as “New Year’s Day”, and after a steller proformance of being “Jimmy’s Lad” down the local for the begining of the year I decided that the first day of the year I would devote it to my brand spanking new addiction/game Football Manager 2010, I spend hours on this game like so many other men thinking your better than Shankly and getting Cambridge United promoted to the Premiership (sadly employers don’t take this as a good answer to “the most proudest moment of your life”…I’m so empty). But after playing it for 2 hours and only getting through a week, I came to the sad realisation that my little laptop is to weak to play the new game and I gave up. And I’m kinda sad about this, it means that instead of being able to play half a hour or a hour whenever I want I have to load up the monster in the corner of the dining room, wait for 20 minutes of it to finish whatever werid things the hamsters inside the box decide to throw up  and then play. This may help me get over my addiction and get me hours of my life back, or possibly cause me to start doing smack I’m not 100% sure yet.

I spent the evening with my extended family watching telly and eating Chinese, but there was a bigger reason for us all being there. There was a announcment! A big one! That my cousin got engaged! Sadly for him I didn’t look all that excited, not because I wasn’t happy for him it was just that he put it on Facebook  hours before in a drunken happiness. So instead of “Oh man well done I’m so exicted for you” or “she’s up the duff then?”(that was actually a response he got from one of our family members, such a loving family we have) he got “oh so you wern’t lying on Facebook then?” However his mum didn’t know so she got excited for all of us…well kinda, not really it was more of “oh well done son” and a peck on the cheek. I don’t think that kind of boring response was what he was looking for one of the biggest descions of his life. But this does bring up a good lesson, if you are trying to keep something a suprise DON’T POST IT ON FACEBOOK! Not the best of places to keep your secrets the Facebook status bar. It’s kinda like not wanting anyone to eat your cake, so you store it by gently placing a piece of it into the hnd of everyone you know and then hoping that they don’t look down into there hand and go “hmm cake”. Also that way of cake storage would be way unhygenic, it would just be better to put it in the fridge.

[Via http://heald365.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment