Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bras on Facebook and the Batsymbol

Here’s a story from a couple of days ago…I’m very proud of myself as I was able to use the term ‘batsymbol’ in a joke. It’s very hard to work that phrase into a joke. But there’s no joking about breast cancer. I was sent a Facebook request to post the color of my bra as my post with no explanation and to not send it to men. The whole purpose was to keep men in the dark for a while as it is women who have to be vigilant about what goes into our bras.  So I post the word BLACK. One of my African American friends responded to my post at the speed of light as if he was, indeed, Batman, and said “Yes?”…Had to let him in on the joke. So, thus, it was like I had sent out the Batsymbol in the sky, and my good friend wanted to come to my rescue. Thanks, David. You’re the best.

[Via http://tamaramanor.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment