Sunday, December 20, 2009

You know what I want to learn? How to knit.

Why?  Because knitting is badass.  And because fucking because.  Why not?

What gets me up in the morning?  What is my motivation?  I’m just scared of an empty life, I guess.  21 years and it seems I’ve done so little.

The move is the only thing I am truly proud of.  I should have made the leap a long time ago.  However, here I am, all moved in, doing the same meaningless shit I did back home.  It’s not the town; it’s the people.  It’s me.  Facebook, Youtube, blogging, Facebook.  My productivity went down a lot when I got Netflix.

Somewhere, people are living. Everywhere, I guess.  I just have to find them.  I just have to become one of them.  I’ve got to get out there.

Because in here, well, you can spend a lifetime in here.  After three new status updates in an hour, you run out of exciting things to say.  Why am I sharing when there is nothing new to share?  I’ll update how I currently feel, then what I am eating, then what movies I want to see, then… maybe a song lyric… and then… um…  Expand that pattern over a year and I have wasted a year.  Expand it over a lifetime and I’ve wasted a life.  This is how I spend my time.  Fuck.

I’ve got to get out there.

Paint a picture.

Build a bookcase.

Write a story.

See something new.  Document it.

Make an acquaintance.  Make a friend.

If I am honest with myself, that is more than I have done all month.  And all of that can be done in a day.  Tomorrow.  Today.

You know what I want to learn?  How to juggle.  How to tattoo.  How to get the HELL AWAY from the internet.

I’ve got things to do.  Ciao.

[Via http://toconstructalife.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment