Thursday, November 5, 2009

Women and Facebook

We know that women NEED to connect with each other. In fact, a “remedy” for unhappiness or not being satisfied with our lives, that I always recommend to others is girlfriend time!

It’s partially why women’s retreats are so successful. There is nothing like basking in the love of other women. We RELATE to each other’s lives. We get to share feelings. We GET to share the details.

It has become very obvious to me that facebook is one of those outlets, and inlets for us.

Girlfriends

For me personally, I got support, in the last month alone, when I wrote about wanting to eat chocolate, when my boyfriend wanted us to get a house together but not put my name on it, when I started worrying about my toes getting crooked, and problems I was having with my crazy beautiful adorable cat. We also discussed topics like Obama, life purpose issues, abuse issues, and some really fun things like babies roller skating, cops calling 911 thinking they are dying from getting too stoned, to other funny jokes, especially about the woo woo factor in Sedona, to meeting up with old school friends, and making great new friends. Wow, all this inside the space of a month, as a result of internet technology.

So, while we SAY we are not connecting as much we people, because we are all home on our computers, I must now disagree. We are becoming closer than ever, and I for one am very grateful now for facebook.

I did write a blog months ago, where I complained about becoming obsessed with facebook and it taking up all our time. I’m a woman, dah, I’m allowed to change my mind, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment