Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Declare

Must I declare a disclaimer over everything that I post in my life?

According to some, I should.

This was brought to my attention after I shared a conversation with a fellow classmate who follows me on Facebook.  His advice to me:  You should really be careful about what you post on your Facebook status.

Excuse me?  Why should he care?  More importantly, why would he take me that seriously?

I’m sorry, but at times I tend to be a little tongue-in-cheek.  It’s okay.  My friends are aware of this and they usually laugh it off.   The reason behind all of this is that I aspire to be a writer.  I try different things.  I try different types of humor.

So after this particular classmate left the biology lab this morning, I shared with my professor (who also follows me on Facebook) what this classmate said.  Her comment was that my Facebook comments make her laugh.  She finds them funny.  {see, my true intention!}

Hello?  Alot of people find what I write about funny.  I’m sorry if your life is to the point that you are so anal retentive that you take everything seriously.  Life is too short to take life so seriously.  If you cannot laugh at yourself, your life, or your situations, then you are going to live a very short and anxious life.

It is like the entire challenge of adding the phrase “spontaneous combustion” to every single post that I write, or how I tried to add Tony Stewart’s name to every single post.  It is something that I do.  If you honestly think that I’m out to jump Tony Stewart’s bones just because I posted something like that in blog post, you need to seriously get a life.  If you think that my children actually tied our cats to the ceiling fan so that they could get flying practice in, you need to get a life.  If you think that I have rats in my attic that actually talk…  you see where this is headed?

I write about things that are serious, but I also write about things that humorous.  Sometimes, I take creative liberties and I make things up (i.e. the intervention story, the Jacques Rat story where the rat is planning revenge, the game show on waiting story, and my alter egos of Fat Girl and Inner Skinny Chick).

Enjoy my blog for what it is:  entertainment.  Do not try to read so much into everything.  Because I promise if you do stress over what I write about then you may stress your brain to the point where it may just combust spontaneously as all the cells within your brain go entirely haywire and release all of their stored ATP at one time.

Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment