Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Facebook de-friending policy

So many folks only read news that’s fed to them via social networks. For them, this policy would be a bad idea. You’d be shielding yourself from other communities.

For me, who gathers news for a living, it’s different. When I dip into my online social network, it’s for recreation, for keeping up with friends.

When those friends or their friends beat me up for my views and particular take on what defines a sense of humor, I dis ‘em. Usually, I’ll just hide someone for a while if they get on a boring soapbox. If there is venom, deleteorama. That’s the policy. I didn’t run it through legal, but don’t think I have much to worry about.

You are, as generations before mine have wisely noted, a reflection of your friends. I carry that forth to Facebook. If your friends suck, e-mail or phone call will have to do. Be picky about your friends … Another policy.

Cheers,

Svend

No comments:

Post a Comment