Sunday, October 11, 2009

adult facebook friends

I put this quote from David Sedaris as my Facebook status a couple weeks ago:

“When shit brings you down, just say ‘Fuck it!’ and eat yourself some motherfucking candy.”

I just thought it was funny, seriously, words to live by. And of course meant to be light-hearted. There are plenty of worst things I could put on Facebook. I wasn’t insulting or defaming anyone’s character; I was just sharing a funny quote.

Well, on Monday I was talking to my mom, and she told me that one of her friends had called her shocked about my status. Her friend said that it was very offending. Her husband even chimed in, telling my mom that I wasn’t going to be able to get a job because of it. They just couldn’t believe that I would do such a thing .

You know it is not like my profile picture is me in a bikini on a beach doing a beer bong. This was completely innocent. I am not friends with future employers but if I were 1. I would put special privacy settings on my completely innocent page. 2 be mindful. You have to be friends with me to view my page so it is not like they could spy anyway. I was kind of hurt that this lady tattled on me. I felt kind of judged. She is way too old to have not have sworn in her life or over drink. Shame shame shame lady, you are not mature enough to be my Facebook enough. If it is wrong to say “fuck” once in a while then I don’t want to be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment