Tuesday, March 23, 2010

'Star Wars - Medstar II: Jedi Healer, A Clone Wars Novel' - Chapter (Part )

Well, it’s Monday and it’s the last full week before Spring vacation.  I hate to say it, but I really think I need that upcoming vacation!  I got up this morning and was exhausted because I had taken another cold pill around midnight last night and then only got about six and a half hours of sleep.  Of course I should’ve expected to be exhausted after having done that to myself.  I got up and got into the shower and took another nice long shower to help my stuffed up head.  It did eventually help to expel some of the stuffiness in my head.  I got out of the shower and felt a little bit better and then headed out to the kitchen and had a breakfast of cereal and orange juice as I watched “The Early Show” on CBS.  All I can say is that it seems as though ALL of the news media in this country is very SMUG right now over the passage of the Health Care Bill last night.  They all act like they personally were responsible for the passage of the bill and that they somehow had something to do with it.  I really don’t like the idea that this health care bill passed last night in the late hours.  First off, the bill was rushed through.  Second, the bill does nothing to resolve the real issues at hand.  The real issue has to do with the insurance companies and their horrible practices of not granting procedures to those that have health insurance.  But, this bill does NOTHING to address any of those issues.  Hey, here’s another thing to think about.  What about all the illegal immigrants in this country?  Will they be required to get health insurance, and if they don’t, will we fine them?  There are a lot of questions that remain.  And it does not appear that anyone has thought that through before passing health care.

So, anyway, getting off my high-horse, I got myself ready and I was off to work while the kids were off to school.   I got to school and set things up for my day today.  I taught the last in a series of music theory lessons to all of my classes and I am happy with how my instructional day went.  My students worked hard and got a lot of their work done.  I think it helped that I explained to them how urgent it was that we get things done before vacation.  I got done with my instructional day and had my first day of tech crew rehearsal with my tech crew.  They seemed to work well together and I think I may have a nice tech crew this year.  The real advantage is that I have a lot of repeat students who are already knowledgeable on their stations, so they’ll be able to handle taking care of things and making sure they run smoothly.  I got done with tech crew rehearsal and found out that Heather’s car broke down at work.  The mechanic at the garage believes her truck now needs a water pump and timing belt.  Well, that will cost some bucko bucks!  So, I drove home right away.

I got home and we had dinner together and then we cleaned up after dinner and I went into the basement and played “Call of Duty 4″ for about a half an hour and then watched “The Office”, and then two episodes of “Two and a Half men” while I had a spirited debate on Facebook about the Health Care Plan.  It actually was a nice spirited debate and I really liked seeing everyone else’s point of view on everything, even those that agree with the plan.  I do think that we all need to start talking in this country more so we can all agree that the parties in this country are BOTH broke!  Anyway, I got done with my debate and continued watching TV including “How I Met Your Mother”, “Rules of Engagement”, “Two and a Half Men”, Big Bang Theory”, and “CSI Miami” before heading to bed.

Okay, let’s talk about Part of Chapter of “Star Wars – Medstar II:  Jedi Healer, A Clone Wars Novel” by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry…..

[Via http://thegalaxycast.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment