Thursday, February 11, 2010

Facebook Lemming

Maybe I’m being harsh, but I am tiring of the “It’s (fill in the various blanks) week! Change your picture/status/whatever to something because someone else thinks it will be cool, or 93% of people won’t like you any more…” I find myself resisting on principle – My Facebook page and profile and status are mine. I refuse to be prodded to become a lemming and jump off of that cliff.

Popularity was never a high priority for me, so I can’t see any reason why I should be cajoled into sharing anything beyond the hundreds of mundane posts I already write. After all, if I shared any more, I’d be typing:

Jenny: breathed in

Jenny: breathed out

Jenny: breathed in

Anyhow, Jenny: is ranting, but 93% of the home viewing audience might care even if they don’t post this as their status.

Good night!

[Via http://waterworker.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment